Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Augmented Reality!

Augmented Reality is some cool stuff!

So a while ago I saw this video...



When finished watching it, I was thinking how cool is that going to be when it's main stream.
Well from the looks of it, it may or may not be that cool!

Looking at the companies web site , I have to admit they do have a cool technology. (I'd love to get my hands on it!)

Could you imagine the types of toys you could make with this thing....I'm sure you could drive cats nuts.

Looking at the video demos, it seems they are aiming the technology more towards advertising. Yeah, it could be helpful for a consumer, but don't we have enough stuff crammed in our face?

My personal opinion..... I think they should team up with Nintendo.

Think of all the things that could be done.

Virtual fishing would be cool!
Legos would get an entire new life...think of the virtual kits you could integrate.
Whole new way to learn physics.
Grand Theft Auto would be an entirely new game!
Be an awesome tool for leaning anatomy... That's my liver!
Interact with the stars while learning about Astronomy
The list goes on and on!!!

I hope it will eventually land in the education sector. I think it could be a big advantage for students.

Take a look at some of the videos below.









No comments: