Saturday, August 30, 2008

Who Would You Clone?

Now I know this is more of a technology blog and this is kinda off the subject, but not by much!

I was on my way to work the other day thinking about how cloning seems to be a big thing these days. I put a little thought into it and thought to myself:
Who would I clone if I had the chance?

Now I had to exclude myself from this question, because there could only be one person as awesome as me in the world, and I just don't want to deal with another.

Now don't get me wrong....I don't agree with cloning; however, I do find it a very interesting and fascinating subject. I'm not saying cloning does not have its uses either.....A lot of meds use cloning techniques to get the proteins that are needed for the final product.....However, having a twin that is twenty years younger than you are is just not right.

So Did You Come Up With Anything?

I believe I Did!

Now I think most people at this current time would say people like Martin Luther King Jr, Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi....but not me!

I put a bit of thought into it and I came up with Nikola Tesla.



I have found myself wondering and asking colleagues if they think there is or will be another Einstein or Tesla, and it always comes down to the same thing....Professor Stephen Hawkings is more than likely the last.

Note: This is cool!! Check Hawkings site out....its not often you can correspond with a genius! (I was not talking about myself this time!)

The reason we came to this conclusion......In today's society everything is so integrated and mixed. There is an abundance of knowledge everywhere that is easily accessed and levels the playing ground. You don't need an Ive school or a billion dollars to study. (although the cheap piece of paper called a Degree Diploma will help)

However it's also a good possibility the public will never hear about the amazing things these new and great minds can do, as they are snatched up by corporations, government, and private sectors. The sad part is that they are told what and how they can work on with all sort of risk management imposed on them. (Not like the old days)

So what would happen if we let them run free? Would we have more Nikola Tesla's, Einstein's or any of the other greats?

I often wonder what the world would be like today, if Nikola had a chance to complete his work. What would have happened if corporate America didn't screw him? Would we have free energy? What would the world look like? How would we interact with each other? How would the world interact?

Unfortunately we will never know the answers to these questions; we can only guess.

If you want to know a little more about Nikola, check out the video below.



Or the geek version about his work.



So my question to you......Who would you clone?

1 comment:

The Duncan said...

I've thought a lot in recent times about bringing back the likes of Adams, Jefferson or Madison, just so that they could roll over somewhere other than in their grave.